Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Prayer To The Sales Gods

Today I made the executive decision to hire a pre-sales person. This is a big deal because we are very conservative about spending the money that we don't have - but it has to be done. We have been building Verify-ED for almost 3 years and we have been growing organically. Unfortunately, organically is not going to get us to the goal of Val-ID-ate being a standard part of the hiring process. Organically makes me think of a plant that slowly emerges from the seed and eventually breaks through the soil. The plant may hibernate in the winter, to re-emerge in the spring - during which there is no growth (of course). Organically is NOT the growth cycle that we want - and investing our dollars in someone who can get us in front of prospective clients is a big deal.

I have come to appreciate and I am in awe of successful sales professionals. I am amazed at their ability to "get out there" and "get appointments". As I have mentioned before, Mark LaRosa continues to be my idol. I still take the safe routes by primarily reaching out to known contacts or colleagues of colleagues. How will we really grow that way?

So, Debbie, welcome aboard! I will let everyone know how we are looking in 3 months.

No comments: