Monday, April 7, 2008

Verify-crED: Is it a service or a product?

A couple of days ago we had our weekly meeting, and one intern asked whether Verify-crED is a product or a service? That is a good question. As she pointed out, we provide a service (credentials verifications) and allow users to purchase a product (the employer view). So it is both. Regardless of what we call it, there is MUCH interest - especially from small- to mid-sized employers who already feel overwhelmed with all that has to be done in the hiring process. Finding financing is tough. As I continue to kick myself for not getting a larger credit line when we started, I am knocking on various doors. Supposedly there is all this funding for growing small businesses, I just can't seem to crack through. First I approached our bank, who informed me that the credit line I am seeking exceeds the risk that they are willing to take. Fine. So, do I continue to max out my credit cards? I can't get an SBA loan because my husband is already on the verge of killing me so I can't even THINK about approaching the subject of using our home as collateral. I am trying to understand how angel investors and VCs work. I will let you know what I find out.

No comments: